Tech : Dymo SDK for LabelWriter and LabelManager Label Printers
DYMO provides various types of information designed to help developers create products that work with the LabelWriter printers and DYMO Label software. LabelWriter printers use standard printer drivers. Therefore, printing to a LabelWriter printer is no different than printing to a laser or inkjet printer, except that the pages are smaller.
In cases where you want to automate printing and take advantage of the label printing power built into DYMO Label software, a Software Developerâ€™s Kit (SDK) is included in your LabelWriter CD or it can be downloaded from the support section of Dymo's website. The SDK provides COM and .NET interfaces.
The LabelWriter/LabelManager SDK for WindowsÂ® or MacÂ® provides everything you need to create and print a label on a DYMO LabelWriterÂ® or LabelManagerÂ® label printer from within your Windows or Mac application, including:
- Fully integrated printer control so you don't have to worry about paper type selection, printer resolutions, margins, custom page sizes, and all the other complexities of printing.
- Advanced text handling, including rotation, curved text and shrink-to-fit.
- Intelligent mail barcodes for faster delivery of mail.
- Built-in support for photo ID applications.
- Built-in support for reading, re-sizing, and printing most common graphics formats.
- Built-in support for UPC, EAN, EAN 128, ITF-14, Code-128, Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5, IMB, POSTNET, PLANET and other barcode symbologies.
- Printing support for the full range of DYMO printers, including the LabelWriter 400 and 450 series, the 4XL, and the LabelManager 450, 420P, PnP, PCII and LabelPoint 350 label makers.
- Print shipping labels from order entry systems.
- Print barcode labels from inventory control applications.
- Print patient file folder labels from medical office and patient management software.
- Print badges from visitor and seminar management programs.
For more information on the Dymo SDK, visit Dymo's Online SDK Support Page