Tech : LabelManager PnP and 'Dymo Label Light'
The Dymo LabelManager PnP is (as it's name suggests) a true plug-n-play device. Whether you're a Windows user or a Mac user, you can plug this machine into a USB port and be printing labels within seconds using the 'Dymo Label Light' software that is pre-loaded on the label printer.
If you already own another Dymo label printer, such as a LabelWriter you will already have the full version of Dymo's software - in that case you use either the full version or the Light version. Here we will discuss launching the Light version right from the printer itself
To start Dymo Label Light on a Windows PC
- If necessary, press the power button to turn on the label maker. Depending on Windows AutoRun settings, the software may start automatically.
- If the software does not start automatically, do one of the following:
- If the AutoRun or AutoPlay dialog box appears, follow the on-screen instructions to start the DYMO Label Light software.
- If the AutoRun dialog box does not appear, navigate to My Computer_DYMO PnP, and then click DYMO Label Light.exe
To start Dymo Label Light on a Mac
- If necessary, press the power button to turn on the label maker. The DYMO PnP volume appears on your desktop.
- Double-click DYMO PnP to open the volume.
- Double-click to start the software.
The Dymo LabelWriter PnP is an affordable label maker that prints on the Dymo D1 label system. D1 labels are very durable and are available in a whole range of sizes and colors.