Dymo LabelManager PnP and 'Dymo Label Light'
The Dymo LabelManager PnP is (as it's name suggests) a true Plug-N-Play device. Whether you're a Windows user or a Mac user, you can plug this machine into a USB port and be printing labels within seconds using the 'Dymo Label Light' software that is pre-loaded on the label printer.
If you already own another Dymo label printer, such as a LabelWriter you will already have the full version of Dymo's software - in that case you use either the full version or the Light version. Here we will discuss launching the Light version right from the printer itself
Note: the 'Light' version differs from the 'full' version of Dymo DLS (software) in that it only supports the device it is loaded on - the full version supports many different Dymo printers and label makers and requires a full install on your PC or Mac. The Light version gives you every bit of functionality you'll need from your LabelManager PnP.
To start Dymo Label Light on a Windows PC
- If necessary, press the power button to turn on the label maker. Depending on Windows AutoRun settings, the software may start automatically.
- If the software does not start automatically, do one of the following:
(i) If the AutoRun or AutoPlay dialog box appears, follow the on-screen instructions to start the DYMO Label Light software.
(ii) If the AutoRun dialog box does not appear, navigate to My Computer_DYMO PnP, and then click DYMO Label Light.exe
To start Dymo Label Light on a Mac
- If necessary, press the power button to turn on the label maker. The DYMO PnP volume appears on your desktop.
- Double-click DYMO PnP to open the volume.
- Double-click to start the software.
The Dymo LabelWriter PnP is an affordable label maker that prints on LabelManager PnP D1 labels. D1 labels are very durable and are available in a whole range of sizes and colors.