Tech : How do I fix the blinking light on the front of my Dymo LabelWriter ?
There are at least 5 ways to fix this problem, and we're betting that one of the following will solve it for you.
- The labels are not left-justified : Verify that the labels are left-justified and loaded properly in the LabelWriter. By left-justified what we mean is that if you lift the lid on your LabelWriter and have a look at where the roll is located on the spool, it should be as far to the left as it can be.Click here for more information on loading the labels in the LabelWriter
- There is paper, dust or a piece of a label blocking the LabelWriter feed sensor : Sometimes a foreign object, or dust or a part of a label can get stuck in the pathway that the labels take through the print head. To fix this, first take the roll of labels out of the printer, and then, using compressed air, blow some air along the left side of the paper path inside the printer.
- The labels you are using do not have the index marks properly cut out between each label : For the LabelWriter to know where one label ends and the next one starts, you will notice 1 or 2 holes that are cut out between each label - these are called index marks/holes. If the index holes are not cut cleanly, you may run into this problem. Grab another roll of labels, check that the holes are cleanly cut and try it in your printer.
- You are not using DYMO or Labelcity labels : If you are not using DYMO or Labelcity labels (or are unsure whether or not you are), please obtain a roll of DYMO or Labelcity labels and try to print again. These labels are made specifically for Dymo LabelWriter printers and are guaranteed for fault-free operation and longevity of your printer
- The photo sensor that reads the index mark has failed - if this is the case, the unit will need to come in for repair. Simply call Dymo tech Support on 1-888-658-3904 and they will advise you of your options.
All Dymo LabelWriter printers come with a 2 year warranty. If you need to send your in for repair and it was purchased from labelcity, let us know and we'll email you your receipt/invoice.